Not to start this post off about me, but, I will. I totally ROCKED at the birthday thing this year. Most years I struggle with what to gift and do to make Mark's day special. But thanks to Pinterest and a little help from a friend, I Nailed the spouse thing solid.
That morning I was sure to decorate the kitchen table appropriatly for Mark's birthday celebration. We did it on Monday because we both had work off being Memorial day and my mom was still in town so it worked out great to get to enjoy the decor all day. I had the most darling banner that I made complete with 8 photos charting his life. It was really cute but did not photograph well so use your imagination.
And THANK YOU to Pinterest for the absolutely darling Mickey cookies. If you know Mark, he loves all things Disney so the cookies were totally appropriate for the non-Mickey themed party. And totally delicious!
I was so excited to give him his gift this year, because I knew he would never even have dreamed what I had put together for him. Perfect face I was hoping for! What did I get him?
A private flying lesson with a friend we know from church. Three cheers for Super Wife - and a Happy Birthday to Mark too since that really is the person we are celebrating.
Our friend Matt was kind enough to join Mark on flying day - being my current state of things, I wasn't really invited. Doug gave them the complete tutorial of the aircraft and how all things were going to work once in the air.
I went mostly just to see what it was all like, and so dutifully stood in on a photo.
And then they were off. Mark said after about 5 minutes in the air, Doug turned the controls over to him and he flew the rest of the 90 minutes! He took them all over the bay area - with the highlight being over San Francisco. I'll spare you all the pictures because apparently Blogspot is not interested in more than 9 pictures for said post so - there you go.
The Golden Gate Bridge. On a beautiful day.
{Insert photo here of Half Moon Bay, Mt. Diablo, Bay Area Metropolitan centers, Old Military bunker space, Delta...darn you blogger}
Casa de Morrell. Present Day.
We'd like to say that by the end Mark was more comfortable in control, but he says that when Doug finally took the control back to land, Mark's fingers were painfully stiff from gripping the yoke. {Insert picture here of Mark's pained hand face photo - shake fist at blogspot}
A once in a lifetime experience for a once in a lifetime guy! I could continue this post with 31 things I love about him, or 31 memorable moments, or 31 inappropriate topics, but suffice it to say that I love my man 31 times over. Happy Birthday Mark.

1 comment:
Kaylinn you totally rock at birthdays! Wow! Happy Birthday to Mark!
Post a Comment