We decided to stay home alone again this year. Santa's visit is always an interesting thing, for the 2 of us, who sleep in the same bed, but we managed to pretend we didn't know when he arrived. Even when he smashed a few things around in the dark. Mark was up bright and early like any school boy would.
Grow a Fruit Tree-yes. And let the record show I set this goal BEFORE the juicer but now it makes the need that much greater. Who doesn't love fresh lemonade? Seriously.
100% Visiting Teaching-I can't say I'm the worst visiting teacher in the world, but I most definitely have room for improvement. This year I resolve to visit a few sisters in my ward each month without missing. Since I'll be in this area for a long while, I might as well stop playing the "in transit" card.
SF project-I can't disclose what this is here but lets just say I am super excited about it and have already started.
Participate in a physical activity-By this I mean be part of a group of people doing some sort of physical stuff. I really love running and have a lofty goal to run the Walt Disney World Marathon held every January. Anyway-a marathon-that's a physical activity. Or a volleyball league. I guess I have sort of accomplished this goal because I have signed up for a bi-weekly swimming class for the next 3 months. Signing up is one thing, but to complete it, that is another.
Lose Weight-Who doesn't make this goal right? The months before I met Mark I was in the best shape of my life. I was working out 5 days a week. Eating right. Taking care of my nails and hair. You know, the whole "attract a man" stuff. Now I am a little more behind then I wanted to be so a swift kick with a new year is just what I need.
Study the New Testament-So - announcement - I have had a church calling change. I'm now the Gospel Doctrine teacher. (what?) yes. Which is hugely intimidating and kind of makes me want to barf. That being said, I am really excited for the opportunity to actually study the New Testament. We've ordered a bunch of new study materials to assist in the endeavor. Although I'll miss the Young Women terribly, I embrace this change.
Finish the Bathroom-Ok, the house renovations projects are never ending. And probably all equal in size. But - this one is a little closer to being done then I ever thought possible. Check out our newly tiled bathroom! Yes ladies and gentlemen, these DIYers got the job done in just shy of 7 months. Now, it isn't finished yet. It lacks grouting, doors, a vanity, sinks, a toilet, paint, light fixtures, and all the knobs and buttons bathrooms require. But lets just focus on the tile right now. Its nice right!
Ok. So there you go. We certainly look forward to 2011. We have great plans for the next 365 days and look forward to continuing to report to our imaginary readers.
4 comments:
cute header! and yay for your juicer! i need one of those. and i'm with you on the 100% visiting teaching - that's something i really need to get on
Hooray! You got your juicer! So excited for you. You've inspired me to make my own resolutions & reminded me of Project SF. Keep me in check with that, k? Congrats on the GD Teaching calling. That is pretty intense, but I KNOW you'll be great at it!
if I have a year to do it I am going to do that marathon with you!!! plus a good reason to vacation together again.
Awesome post, girl! Love the resolutions, love the holiday fun, and I love that you got a Jack LeLanne juicer for Christmas! I've totally watched the infomercial and totally contemplated purchasing one for myself. I'll have to ask you to rate your satisfaction of said product. It would be a great way for me to make sure I get my daily intake of fruits & veggies. :)
P.S. Great chatting with you the other day! I've been thinking of you & your family. Love your bones!
Post a Comment