January 26, 2011

Ten Lessons



Things I've learned my 3 days of substitute teaching.
1. I hate Middle School.
2. No amount of classroom management techniques can control a class lacking teacher management.
3. I hate 6th graders most.
4. I like that I don't have to go to the meetings.
5. It's super weird hearing the kids talk outside the classroom about "having a sub today"...and that being me.
6. I miss having my own classroom.
7. Over planning, although helpful, is sometimes stressful because I'm not sure what really needs to get done.
8. Agenda's are underused in classrooms.
9. Spelling counts.
10. Bring a book; you'll be bored for most of the period.

2 comments:

Lorie S. said...

I always say that whoever teaches middle school goes straight to heaven...I will add that who ever subs middle school goes straight to heaven as well!!

The Kammeyers said...

Pretty sure I hated middle school too - even when I was a student there. Hopefully you've had some pleasant subbing experiences since this post. :)

Did you enjoy my signature lengthy voicemail the other day? Aaron was in the other room when I was leaving it, and when he came out & found me not on the phone he said, "What? I thought you were having a conversation?" :) Haha. Gotta love it. Anyway, let's chat soon! Hope your week is starting off well!