January 11, 2011

A new chapter

Lots of things have been going on in our little world over here. Thought I might take a moment to update you on a few things.

Our bathroom renovation project have been coming along nicely. We're happy to report that we now have a working toilet in the master bathroom, professionally installed by my man. We are taking on the great project of cleaning out the tile to prep it for grouting and sealing. And we are ready to install the vanity that has been sitting in our garage for the last 2 months. Very exciting. We are having the shower doors installed by real professionals which is sort of a luxury in this adventure and we hope we are stunned at their beauty like we were stunned at their price.

Mom is moved into her house; mostly. At least the boxes are in the garage and the beds are set up. My sister, bless her heart, spent the better part of her trip down here organizing closets and kitchens and rooms until she was blue in the face. Dave is here now redoing the electrical to meet the dreams of my mother. Hopefully the roof doesn't come down as her wishes seem a little bigger then they should be. But my brother is a genius so he'll make it work great I'm sure.

I have decided to finally leave the temp position I've been filling these past 6 months to go back to the classroom. I have been hired as a substitute in the district near my home and am hopeful the work is enough to keep me busy. Plus it will get my foot in the door at the district in hopes for a full time position next year. Fingers crossed.

My younger brother was diagnosed with leukemia just 2 days before his last semester of college was to start. He has been in the hospital in Salt Lake for the last week receiving treatments to stabilize his white blood cell count. Things are looking good as they make plans to return to the Bay Area for further treatments. That has been quite the speed bump in our family as we all feel like we've paid our cancer dues with Dad. I guess we were wrong.

I guess that's about it for now. Just busy with life which has been filled with good things. We really are so blessed.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Kaylinn-

So excited for you to be getting back to teaching, and closer by. My mom told me about Trent and I gasped! I am so sorry to hear about this. Your family is in our thoughts. Braden and I would still love to get together whenever it works for you. My parents can watch Preston any time, and we would just bring Lucy.
Take Care
Katie

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Oh my gosh, Kaylinn! I can't believe that about Trent. I am so sorry to hear it. We will certainly keep him and your family in our prayers. Glad to hear that things are looking as good as they can under the circumstances.

I can't tell you how please I am to hear you're getting back to teaching. That will be so good for you & for the kids you teach.

I wasn't aware that your Mom had already moved out from your place. That was quick.

You and Mark never cease to amaze me with your bathroom renovation gusto. Way to go!

Rachel said...

Kaylinn, Danny and I are so sorry to hear about your younger brother. He and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.