Lately, as Kaylinn and I have been frantically searching for a house, and realizing that it just probably won't happen right now, it is easy to get into the "woe is me" mindset. Tonight as I was sitting with Kaylinn's family, we were discussing how God has a way of watching over his children. I remembered this talk by Elder David A Bednar, and found this link (The-Tender-Mercies-of-the-Lord). A flood of emotions rushed over me as I realized that God and His Son have not forgotten me. I would like to share some of my tender mercies as of recent:
1) I have the most amazing wife in the entire world. I have been away from her for not even 24 hours and my whole being yearns for her. The Lord knew exactly who I needed, and He led me through some very wavery and rough roads, but He led me to her. I am so grateful for a loving Father who knew of this perfect match, long before I did. Thank you Kaylinn for helping me be the man I am today.
2) I have an amazing opportunity to be in control of my future. I never would have guessed that my life would lead me to such a great opportunity. I have never even realized that I could get to this point where I will have the freedom to spend time with my family. I will forever be grateful for the man who made this all possible.
3) I have amazing parents and siblings. I know that mom and dads advice, whatever it may be, is direct inspiration from above. They have always been willing to drop everything, and I mean everything, for me. I will never be able to express my appreciation for them. My siblings are one in the same...always willing to give up everything to help each other.
4) I have amazing in-laws. I am so lucky to have married into a family that has taken me in as one of their own. Every time I am with them, I am humbled and desire to be better then I am. I truly have a Christ centered family to look up to.
4) I have amazing friends. I don't know why I have been so blessed to have the friends that I do. The Andersons, Sullivans, Richards, Warrens, Gregersons, Marcums, Wallaces, Gibbons, Lamms, and anyone I may have missed. A true blessing from heaven.
5) I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, and a loving brother in Jesus Christ. I know that they are constantly vested in seeing my grow, succeed, progress, and become all that I can be. I know that God lives, as does his Son and that I will live witht them again.
My heart is over-flowing with gratitude. Thank you all for being my personal tender-mercies.
6 comments:
this was so sweet to read. it's such a great reminder for everyone to think about blessings, makes going through the tough times that much easier, and that much more worth it. stick through it!
You missed me in that list. ;)
What a nice post. Thanks for the reminder of my own tender mercies, you and your wife included. :o)
You missed the Kammeyers too... but we'll try not to hold it against you. :)
It was nice chatting with Kaylinn last night! Sounds like both of you are having a good attitude through all this. You have so much to be grateful for, and no matter what, it will all work out in the end. :)
Wasn't that one of the best talks ever given! Mark, you deserve this bright future that is ahead of you! Best of luck in your new journey!
You mentioned me in your post! Marky I appreciate the both of you as well. I wish I got to see you guys on a daily basis. You have always been such a good friend and have always looked out for me. I remember when you had me read that talk while we lived in Florida and that is when I decided to go home... to my now hubby:) Thanks for everything.
Post a Comment