Another birthday passed. I love birthdays. I love the food, and the special wishes you get from friends you haven't heard from in a while. A reason to get a call from distant lands, and cards to decorate my home. I love them!
This year's birthday plans were high and mighty. My husband really outdid himself with the plans. Alas, we were forced to cancel said plans for an unexpected and urgent trip north to find a second home as our first hope had fallen through. Drat. So we packed our bags and drove up and back in a weekend-however, not without birthday cheer.
This year was special in that I got to celebrate it at home with my mom. Haven't done that in
years so it was extra fun. Mark made sure to call ahead of time and plan my favorite dinner and cake. Plus two exceptional gifts.

I couldn't choose a favorite of the things Mark got for me this year. First was a canvas photo from our wedding. One of my favorite shots. It is just beautiful. He also got me a kitchen radio thingy that you hang under your cabinets. I have wanted one for as long as I can remember; since my college days. Something about music and cooking/cleaning whatever makes me smile. I now have one to fit perfectly in our potential home. (if it goes through...fingers crossed)

And I'm quite proud of my scrapbook page. Again, I wish my pictures were beautiful like some of those blogs I'm obsessed with. And my creative juices were like others I follow. But I am proud of what I've made. For me, it is pretty dang good. :)

5 comments:
Glad you showed a pic of the canvas. It looks great! Plus, great job on the digital scrapbooking. Miss you (yes, I know its only been a few days)!
LOVE the canvas picture, I love it! I have always wanted pics on canvas, they just look so fancy! And you're awesome on the digital scrapbooking, I am totally impressed!
So glad you had a wonderful birthday. The canvas pic looks so nice.
I am sorry your birthday was not as planned but i am happy it was still something! Better then my last 2 birthdays, they have been lousy! Maybe you can hint to my hubby how to give me a good birthday. I think i deserve it after 5 years, don't you think?!?! :-)
That canvas picture sounds awesome and I would love a radio in my kitchen! Your scrapbook page looks like you have had years of practice. WoW!
Post a Comment