The loan was set. The closing date made. The house was ours.
Then the appraisal came in $40,000 less then the contracted price.
Chances are, we've lost our house.
Chances are we'll be going up again to find something else.
Chances are my birthday surprise and delightful celebration will be postponed.
It doesn't happen like that on TV! What happened to "we choose..." like on House Hunters?
Stressful!
6 comments:
Oh man.
Wow... It would sure be nice if they'd reduce the contracted price by $40K, but I'm sure the owner/bank isn't thrilled with this. That's quite the drop anyway - Maybe you guys might want something else?? In any case, I totally feel your pain! There's Aaron & I, and a whole slew of my home-owning friends... Not one of us had a smooth house-purchasing ride. All I can is, it will all work out in the end! Of this I am sure. :) Big hugs!
Sad day - hope something else works out soon!
:( sorry!
keep me updated!
WHAT?? That stinks...I hope you can work it out or find one that's even better. I'm so sorry. I remember getting my hopes up during home buying and then being let down, it stinks!
Hey, this is Rachel, Danny's wife. Hope you don't mind if we add you on our link list on our blog :) Danny says hey, and sorry that you didn't get the house :( Maybe we'll see you in Clayton sometime :)
Post a Comment