This year I've made a larger effort to keep my parents informed about their students grades. I make Tutoring Invitations like its some kind of birthday party for those who have failing marks. I email grade printouts and even write personalized notes along with grade printouts to send home before each Report Card and after Parent Conferences. That's a ton more then I've done before. It mostly goes unnoticed...except for when it doesn't. Not that I seek praise, but it does brighten any day.
"Thank you so much for all the updates regarding [student's] progress. We really appreciate all the efforts being taken by you to help us get her back on track."
"Thanks for the update. We very sincerely appreciate your efforts and encouragement that you perpetually provide to your students."
"Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness of sending the study sheet for [student]. I was quite surprised as I've never had a teacher so aware of their students."
"Thanks so much for your quick and detailed reply! J I know you are very busy and I really appreciate the time you give for your students."
"Thank you so much for the email and keeping us parents updated. You sound like an Awesome teacher."
"Thank you Mrs Morrell for keeping the parents informed and making yourself available to us."
"Thank you very much for this e-mail. It really made my day. I know that at this time of the year everyone is very busy, but you made the time to let me know how my child is doing which is very important to me."
"I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the fact that you take the time to individually send out notifications on your students. I truly believe that because of you, [student] is successful in your class."
Ahhh--good stuff! Although to you readers this may seem lame; I wanted to record some good words just for my future. Once upon a time I did have a job that I loved and was pretty good at. :)
1 comment:
Glad parents sent thank you's - those are the best. ps. Where is your house? Is it too specific to ask for a neighborhood name?
pps. I'm looking at your blog during class, and the girl next to me leaned over and said, "oh I know him" - her name is Melissa Porter, and I guess she used to work with Mark. She has only good things to say about him. :)
Post a Comment