February 19, 2010

Funny Kiddos

I've had a great day today.

Fourth period worked. They were funny, and quiet, and nice to me. And I liked them.

We took pictures for the Senior Hall of Fame today. Funny kids. They're all my former students from my Freshmen Seminar days. It was fun to see them and laugh with them. The best of the best. The cream of the crop. Fun kids.

Sixth period were all a riot. I couldn't focus on the lesson cuz they were so funny. Finally I get them started on their assignment. Twenty minutes pass. I remind them to get back to work to which they respond "when is it due". This is the classic response for "do I have to work today or not?" Its due today. One kid says, "I won't be done!" I say--You've had 40 minutes to finish it. Then he says, without skipping a beat, "I didn't know what we were doing for 20 of those minutes." I don't know why that made me laugh out loud, but it did.

They had to freehand a map of Europe today. One kid tried hard but had a rough go of it. The BEST part was on the bottom of his paper he wrote: "Not drawn to scale". he's a funny kid and it just fit his personality. Another great laugh.

They're funny. I've had a good day.

1 comment:

The Kammeyers said...

Hahaha. Love the "not drawn to scale" comment! Not only are you an awesome teacher (I've seen you in action), but you get to enjoy all these random & hilarious tidbits! Delightful. :)