February 11, 2010

House Hunters: Part Duex

Today we went out to the area for a fourth time. Looked at a few more houses that turned out to be more good then we had anticipated. The house we first offered on turned out to be not exactly what we wanted. So we decided to look at others as "back up". Turns out our back up was more of what we wanted then the first.

So-we made a seperate offer on this other house. The waiting game is the worst. After a trip to Rubios and a drive home we already had received their counteroffer (not yet hearing from the first house). So we dumped the first house and put all our assets into this new house. Strangly, their counteroffer was a little more then what we had already offered, (which was already above the asking price) but being that we know the home is going to go fast, we acted quickly.

AND THEY ACCEPTED!

I know its a long road to escrow, and closing and keys, but the fact they accepted our offer is one step we didn't have yesterday!

7 comments:

Diana said...

YAY!!! You have a house! SO EXCITING! Congrats!!!

Tabitha said...

So pictures coming soon...yes?? Congratulations!!

Michele said...

Thats exciting! Is it in the bay area? Yes I want to see pictures too!

Lesley Wright said...

Oh my goodness! That is the best news I have heard in weeks! We have to celebrate, Disneyland anyone? 7 days from today we will be able to celebrate with you guys, but who's counting.

Lesley Wright said...

Oh my goodness! That is the best news I have heard in weeks! We have to celebrate, Disneyland anyone? 7 days from today we will be able to celebrate with you guys, but who's counting.

The Ross Family said...

Congrats girl. I am so excited for you!!!

Katie said...

Yay! Home ownership is so fun. I can't wait to see it!