On my Summer Calendar, I had the plans to take my little family on a BBQ picnic up Provo Canyon. I love BBQ food, and I love picnic's, so it was a perfect combination. My mom and Joe just happened to be in town that day, so it was an extra delight that they were able to join us.
I could not have picked a better day! The weather was perfect, the crowds were minimal, and we found the most perfect little spot with shade and grass with a view of the mountain behind us. As soon as we arrived, I threw Mark on the BBQ to get the coals warming up. Why can't I ever remember that coals take forever to warm up and then another forever to cook the meat! Alas, the chicken was juicy and delicious. The fruit was crunch and - sigh - it was wonderful.
It must be mentioned that Cameron is a huge fan of Watermelon. What kid isn't, right? If only it wasn't so juicy! But I love how I can give this kid a quarter and just let him have at it. He is occupied, quiet, and eating. Trifecta!
After the food, we took the walk up to Bridal Veil falls. An easy little paved jaunt from where we were, and I even had hired help in Grandma to push the stroller. So my Love and I got to walk hand in hand up the canyon. Romantic I must say. When we got there, we took ample pictures to suit my scrapbooking needs and showed Cameron the little fish area that they had there. We spent the quarter to feed them, and Cameron loved watching them squirm over each other to get to the food pellets first. His little squeals of delight are almost too my for my little heart to handle. Love that little boy of mine.
The event was so great, I made plans to go up again for another little BBQ out. I love every season for different reasons. Summer: I love being able to enjoy the great outdoors with BBQ's, Picnic's, family, and watermelon. Nothing says summer better than that!
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Baby squeals are by the far THE best noise in the world. Glad he was in heaven. Auggie gets that same excitement when he sees our fish at home and when his sisters get him all hyper. LOVE it.
Post a Comment