"Oh they say when you marry in June,
you're a bride, all your life."
I can't lie, I love weddings. I would be perfectly content sitting in front of any temple and watching the couples come out to celebrate. My husbands suggests I do this at the SLC temple to increase my bride sightings. I just love them. What's even better is when it is the wedding of my dear cousin TeNeal and her beau Dakota. They were married in the Rexburg, ID temple - I couldn't be more happy for them.
The wedding itself was beautiful. I cried as I thought of my own wedding and the wonderful relationship that I have with my hubby. The wedding reception was delightful as I got to spend some quality time with my best cousins ever. Not because they are better than any of my other cousins, but these are the cousins that I grew up with and we've been friends for our whole lives. I love them all dearly and wanted to make plans to get together many times more before the summer was out.
My cousin Keisha made TeNeal's beautiful wedding cake. It seriously looked like a million bucks. And they all looked brillant. I've always dreamed of being as good looking as these girls - their hair is always perfectly beautiful and I covet it. But, Brynn let me know she coveted my teeth so I guess we're even. I must give a shout out to my Step-dad and Mom and our roundevous there. It's always a good time to be with Joe and Mom.
After the wedding we hung out with the family at the house, of course with food and laughs. These are the moments that my dad loved the best, so I missed him dearly here. It was great to see Grandma and Grandpa Wright. They looked good despite Grandma's health struggles. She still has a funny whit when you get her comfortable and in a moment. I almost couldn't look at her during the sealing because I just was overwhelmed with thinking about my dad and the beautiful blessing of eternal families. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why I love weddings. Aside from their glamour and beauty and food, it's a celebration of two people creating a family. The promises, hope, joy, pain, struggle, laughter, stress, and fun that comes with having a companion and a witness to life. It's an awesome institution. I mean, look at them. It's a great thing to celebrate..jpg)
.jpg)
It really was a quick trip for Cameron and I. Mark stayed behind for work, so I drove up one day and then back the next. The drive up was mostly a piece of cake, with only 2 stops to let Cameron out of the seat and move around. The drive home however was less smooth. All out screams for at least an hour strait until Grandma started singing Primary songs to him. phew for grandmas! Then we hit some nasty traffic that delayed us for another hour! Needless to say, the little lad was glad to be home and gave dad the cutest snuggle!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment