April 1, 2013

Zip-a-dee do-dah

Despite the fact that I did just announce that I was "getting back into a rhythm", I immediately neglected my blog for too many weeks. Sad. But do not fear, I still have been adding to my "blog this" list to ensure that I don't miss too many fun things in my life. And really, I've been meaning to take pictures of our new place to blog, and haven't, so that too has added to my neglected blog.

Which means, my friends, that you will get yet another Disney post. As was previously mentioned, we made a trip down there when we moved and had just the best of time, as always. We were joined this time by the Sullivan clan, both Ruston and Mark brought their families down after way too many years of absence. I knew immediately that Ruston and I would get along when I learned that he had decided to join us on the trip 12 hours before departure. His brother said, "yeah, we're leaving for Disneyland tomorrow," to which Ruston responded, "I think we'll go too". Family of my own heart. Sounds like something Mark and I would do. And so the bunch of us showed up for a splendid trip in the sun.

Cameron was a splendid delight as always. Even missing his naps didn't make him in sour spirits. He was just all smiles and clapping all day for the 3 days we were there.
What is a post without the mention of my favorite ride; Toy Story Mania didn't disappoint. Well, actually, it did. Our first trip through and Mark had the broken gun! Ruston and Miguel (the name we call Mark Sullivan to ensure we don't confuse the 2) did not stop giving Mark a hard time. "Oh sure, your gun was broken!" But really guys, 500 points is a bit of an embarrassment. Never the less, the term was jabbed at Mark several times during the day. What fun laughs we had about it.  We were lucky to get a re-ride card which we used later that day to improve our scores slightly.

 Another ride fiasco was that of Splash Mountain! Any veteran Disney goer would know that riding Splash Mountain after the sun sets is usually a recipe for a very soggy evening. I guess you would say we forgot this tried and true rule, threw caution to the wind, and boarded our log at 8:00 pm; with 4 other fully grown adults. It must be said that we were actually assigned to rows 3 & 4, but the couple before us had taken our rows and offered us the front. How could we say "no thanks?" It only took the first drop for Mark to realize that this was going to result in a very wet body. He handed me his phone and the camera and took the brunt of the water. On the big hill, the water literally went over the front of the log like a tidal wave! Mark was drenched. When we were exiting the ride, the couple who sat behind us, barely wet at all, had a huge smile with his thumb up in the air saying "Fantastic!". Mark had to enjoy a very soggy evening! Fantastic.

 Saying that we loved going with the Sullivan's would be an understatement. They were more than delightful. We walked our feet right off and enjoyed one wonderful birthday weekend for me. And I suspect that they had a great time too, because Mark somehow convinced both families to acquire Annual Passes. Guess we'll get to have those good times all over again. Zip-a-dee Do-Da.

No comments: