I finally got my house photographed so that I could document a little about where we have moved into. We are renting a townhouse that was built just 6 months ago, so it is really new and really lovely. I made the most darling "hello", compliments of Pinterest, and we purchased a hallway table so I could display my holiday themed stuff still. And it makes me happy just looking at it now.
Because we're renting, we can't put any holes in the walls, so we used as many Command strips that we felt was safe to at least have a few things up on our walls. It isn't much but it helps a little. I am glad the walls were painted green rather than the traditional white, it really helps amp up our space. Although the kitchen space is different than my old house, I am starting to see the great value of a pantry and wonder why California didn't ever allow me one. That part is lovely.
Our unit isn't situated in the most desirable location here in the community. We are backed right up next to another building, so we don't ever get any direct sunlight in our living areas. I constantly have to have my lights on, basically all day, to feel like it is daytime outside. It is just naturally dark and sullen. But it is really nice and that suits me just fine. Upstairs didn't get photographed because I can't keep it clean long enough to merit a photo. But there are 3 bedrooms there, one that is our office. We sold our delightfully comfy spare bed and switched it out for a blow up mattress for guests. At least its more than the floor. I am certainly making a list of things that I want our next house to have, a basement for one. Upstairs requires to many jaunts and I prefer to not have to do that each time I need to run to the bedroom or office.
I do love the area that we ended up in. Winco is just 6 minutes away, and University Avenue/Pkwy hold all the memories and eateries of my college memories. Family is super close. The Library is a mecca of amazingness. A park is a very pleasant walk from my door. The running trails are amazingly beautiful, which has helped increase my weekly milage. Its a good place for us for now. A really good place. You're all invited to check it out for yourselves. We'd be delighted to have you.
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
The "Did You Read it?" feature is not working on your blog for me tonight, but I thought I should let you know that I just caught up on all of your posts dating back to February when I last checked in and got the scoop.
SO happy to see you loving life! Although, all this Disneyland talk/read has made me yearn to go. Darn it being so expensive!
Post a Comment