I am not a popular person. I know this. Probably more than I should. But I felt this fact blaring me straight in the face recently while perusing Facebook. A woman I idolize made a random/unplanned comment about how mundane she feels her life is and receives 100+ likes alone, coupled with several comments. I post a major life changing event happening in a few short weeks; an announcement I've been stewing over for days and I get 4 acknowledgements. FOUR total. The truth sometimes hurts.
Thank you four friends. Really.
8 comments:
Ok, so I have to confess, I guess. I totally stalk your blog. I think you are so sweet and clever and I wish I had gotten more time to get to know you. I love reading and keeping up with your blog, just like we're friends :)
So exciting for a new chapter in your life! It's it crazy how these big things happen so fast.
I know exactly how you feel! But know, I am always checking out your blog and look at your facebook whenever your comments pop up on my feed. I love seeing pics of your adorable family and staying in contact with you. I enjoyed your friendship for the short time we were in the same area! Good luck with you move and since I live in UT, let me know if you ever need anything!
I'm so sorry!! Please don't think that you're unpopular because of Facebook! Facebook is a wonderful/horrible tool that can make people feel just absolutely terrible about themselves. Really - there are studies showing that the more people are on it, the more depressed/down on life they become. You are wonderful and amazing and your news is so exciting!! You and your husband are so fun (glad we got to hang out over Christmas) and your baby boy is just the cutest thing on this planet. Good luck with your move! I wish we were still in UT so we could be closer!
I totally feel that way! That is why I dont ever blog anymore. Every time I post something new on our blog I get 0, ZERO!! comments and after checking at least 20 times a day to see if there are any new comments, sadly I have given up because we get ZERO!!!
Oh and PS your one one of those people that I admire.
Just think of that commercial where the daughter is saying how pathetic her parents are because they only have 13 friends on facebook and while she's home on facebook they are out having the time of their lives. So while others are "liking" on facebook, you're living it up at Disneyland. Who needs popularity :)
I personally have Instagram envy, if we're confessing. There is this one person I follow who gets 30+ likes with EVERY single picture she posts. It doesn't matter what the picture is, minimum of 30 Likes. I'm lucky if I get one. It's so petty, but it bugs. Facebook is very misleading. I actually vented on there recently and my Dad commented on my poor perspective. I guess we're only supposed to be smiles and perfection on there. Anywho, I'm incredibly happy & excited for you guys! I think I may have been one of the four who commented. 80what? I also know that I commented on Mark's post about it, since he broke the news on FB first. Anywho, I love you, little lady! Keep on bloggin' on...
This comment is long overdue: I've been reading your blog for an embarrassingly long time and just have never had the guts to confess! Hopefully that doesn't sound super creepy--we were actually in the same BYU ward and I think we were even in the same FHE group (though I rarely showed up for that...). Anyway, the point is that I really enjoy reading your blog, your baby is cute and, well, if your blog suddenly turns private I suppose I'll have myself to blame :)
Post a Comment