January 10, 2013

Christmas Morning

 Christmas was great to us this year. We were more than blessed with such wonderful gifts. Although Cameron is still a little too young to be any real part of the Christmas festivities, it was delightful to have him around.

It was just our little family who celebrated together this year. No other family or people to visit that day. Which to some is a weird thing, but its pretty common place for us. We've shared Christmas alone almost every year since we've met. So its right up our ally. Funny thing, Cameron has been quite the early riser in our household, often ready for the day before the clock strikes 6am. However, on Christmas morning, he decided to sleep in! What? He has not done this before nor since, but on Christmas morning we had to tiptoe into his room and wake him up. It was so funny as Mark and I lay in bed waiting to hear the lad call out to us. Finally, we got tired of waiting and at 7:30 we crept out to see our lovely Christmas display.



I was overly excited to give Mark our camera remote. So awesome to document the entire Christmas day almost each minute. The mess growing, our faces smiling, and our whole family of 3. So fun. I especially like our new tradition I got from some blog somewhere - Santa brings sugar cereal. We are NOT a sugar cereal household so to have the option of lucky charms or Trix is a treat. (I still won't eat it for breakfast. But nothing beats a 10pm snack like sugary cereal goodness).

Mark and I love gifting each other. And unlike some couples who discuss their gifts with each other., we are very secretive in our planning and purchasing. So the entire day is a delightful Christmas surprise. Mark spoiled me rotten, as usual; with the grand finale being my coveted Silhouette machine. And I went against my natural self and purchased all available seasons of Psych to feed his psych passion. I'm a rock star.

It was a perfect Christmas morning. After all the gift opening, we enjoyed some Nutella French Toast, compliments to Pinterest. And ate chocolate and junk food all day long. It was lovely and merry and bright. Just as we had asked for.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Danny and I try to be as secretive as possible, too! Ha - it makes gifting SO much fun!! And heck yes - Psych!! Danny and I are absurd lovers of that show. It's the best show in the world.

Lorie S. said...

Oh, now I get to covet your Cameo :) Sounds like a lovely day for a lovely family!