How quickly the weeks seem to
pass now that I have a little boy that takes up so many of my hours. I often
wonder if I’ve accomplished anything productive day in and day out! Of course,
I wouldn’t trade it for anything. He is
growing so quickly, I can barely fit him into the 0-3 month clothes. A full 3
month old outfit is necessary for this growing little man. It is so sad too
because I have so many darling outfits for the smaller body!
We had his blessing day a few Sunday's back and were blessed with the attendance of many of Mark’s family as well as my 2 brothers, David and Trenton. I don’t know if I can adequately express the rush of emotion
I felt. It came suddenly, all at once right before they blessed him. They
announced we would be having a baby blessing and invited all those who were
invited to participate in this blessing to come forward. It was right then, as
Mark stood up with Cameron in his arms that I felt it. I watched Mark carry our
sweet little Cameron, in the most darling suit, up to the front of the chapel
with my brothers following. My eyes filled with tears and a rush of emotion
overcame me as I looked on to see Mark surrounded by so many good, priesthood
holders. Mark’s father is a good man, my brothers are good men, and my Mark is
the best man. And there was little Cameron being cradled in the midst of them.
The scene just overwhelmed me. I couldn't
help but think of the relationship my father and he must have had before he came to our family. And I know that he was there standing in that
circle too.
I hope Cameron is influenced
by these men. These men who hold the priesthood power – the power of God. We
named him Cameron David; after my brother David. My older brother who is good,
and kind, and honest, and thoughtful, and loving. One of my
favorite passages of scriptures in the Book of Mormon is in Alma 48:11-18,
especially verses 17 and 18. They describe Moroni and what kind of man he was.
I believe my brother is a man like Moroni. I know I married a man like Moroni and I want my boy to be a man like this
too. I’m glad he has such amazing examples around him.
After the blessing, Mom had
us all over to her house for food and chatting. We socialized and ate like the
best of them, and I must admit, I did a good job putting the food together to
feed the crowd. When everyone left, Mark and I looked at each other and asked,
“when was the last time Cameron’s diaper was changed?” We were so busy with
family and the passing around of him, that both of us felt like we neglected to
actually take care of him! Woops.


1 comment:
What a special day! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment