September 17, 2010

I've been thinking

-- Why is it that whenever I get a little bit of money, I start planning what vacation I'm going to take?

-- I think I should just accept that my bathroom will never be done. We may never have blinds on our windows, the screen door will always be too expensive, the smell from under the sink will always be there, and the toilets will never flush properly.

-- How does one get the motivation to continually get to the gym? I am good for about a week, then go 10 days with nothing. Back again for 3 days then another week with nothing. Where does that constant stamina to "get out there" come from?

-- My love of Ice Cream is overwhelming. It will never fade. I have tried to supress it but to no avail.

-- Drinking enough water in a day is like another project. I have to make an effort to think about getting a glass and stay hydrated.

-- My commute to work is typically 1 hour. Freeway or side street. Doesn't matter. And I've found that taking the side street that parallel's the freeway is slower then the stop & go freeway.

-- I finally brought home my wedding dress from my inlaws. I reminds me how beautiful it is. I don't have it preserved in any special way, so to just hang it in the back of the closet seems a waste. I'm contemplating selling it...but the going rate for used dresses is insulting. I'd rather keep it; even if it does turn yellow.

-- Remember that time in your life when "everyone" was getting married. Why is it that "everyone" has stopped getting married and now "everyone" is having babies?

-- I have this pesky -- pounds that I have been trying to loose for a year now. Grr.

-- Our office desk was installed last week. It looks beautiful. I've repainted the wall from the light not so nice green to a bright (maybe too bright) green. Will I ever be happy? But the desk is AWESOME and I am excited to put it to use. And can't wait to get the pictures/shelves on the wall.

did you think this was going somewhere interesting? sorry!

6 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

i feel the EXACT same way...minus the whole "everyone is having babies" kick (because to me everyone is getting married)...and minus the whole "wedding dress" issue...cause well, i'm still unmarried! miss you girl! glad to see that things are well!

Tabitha said...

Welcome to homeownership...at least for us who are somewhat financially challenged at times, the other half might feel differently.

My motivation to go to the gym comes from self loathing-seeing all the weight I've put on from the babies each time I look in the mirror...its not healthy and I don't recommend it.

PS Your bangs in middle school...you weren't thinking. Who does think about hair cuts and bangs at 12 & 13, my hair (and self) looks way worse ;) And you can think your chores are just as far behind as mine but they are not... I guarentee mine are far worse yet I spent yesterday afternoon taking pictures? My suitcase isn't even unpacked all the way yet! Clearly my priorities need adjusting.

katie said...

cruise! YAY!

Elsie said...

I cleaned our house yesterday and thought to say to Jason when he came home..."Did you notice my floors?" I laughed out loud thinking about our great but all too short living togetherness. Your floors will always look better than mine. OH and I know where your next vaca should be...COLORADO!!

Mindy said...

A girl I graduated high school with has FIVE children. FIVE. I've been through the everyone is getting married stage, the everyone is having a baby stage, everyone is having their second baby stage ... I am not sure what comes after that, I am sure it's long passed too. :) P.s. If you can somehow manage to get yourself to the gym 21 days, you will have officially created a "habit" and you will go reguarlly. Or so the studies say. :)

Lesley Wright said...

I hope you and Mark are planning a vacation to come visit US!!! We have our own place... You can have your own room... You can come eat the Craigo's Pizza that Mark loves... You can stay with us...

And I feel the same way about drinking water, it is so hard to remember. Seriously who drinks 8 glasses of water in a day anyway.