September 13, 2010

5 Cookie Day

Today has been a 5 cookie Day.

It started out pretty normal. Alarm clock rings at 5:15 alerting me to get up and hit the road on my morning run. Followed quickly by 5 slaps on the snooze bar for a 45 minute extended sleep. Drat.

Then the oatmeal wasn't very tasty and before I knew it-it was miss-a-shower-and scrunch-your-hair-so-the-grease-doesn't-show. This method is suppose to take less time but doesn't. Threw on a new shirt to save the grungy Monday blues, and off to work.

Work was a whirlwind with my Associate being in Hawaii (wish it were me). Slammed with projects until 12:15pm. A short break to the lunch room rewards me with leftover cookies from the staff meeting I didn't attend. 2 cookies should suffice.

A mass rush needed for 2 new hires who don't have enough of their certificates in; resulting in several additional phone calls and "URGENT" needs. Another cookie should help that out.

Take a personal call to clear up questions about an appointment from Saturday. Mostly good news means another cookie.

Get yet another assignment that bumps me up into the 2 screens club. Yes, I now have two wide-screen computer monitors on my desk. It is a little weird to get use to and truthfully I think it makes things a little more blurry then I like. Grr. Cookie.

And might I add these were dang good cookies. Dear office worker who made these cookies. You are my Betty Crocker. And your cookies are divine!

**Update: I now feel I had had 2 too many cookies. Bleh!**

3 comments:

Madisen Wright said...

Oh No! What about burger night? Will the cookies get in the way? Hope not...see you later...Julie

Unknown said...

Haha I love cookies!
-Kaitlyn (the read head)

The Kammeyers said...

Haha. I love your comment about "this method is supposed to take less time, but doesn't." So true! With me it's always all or nothing when it comes to getting ready. :)

P.S. I'm very impressed at you for arising at the bright & early hour of 5:15 to go running! Way to be!