July 13, 2010

I use to be a blogger

It is true. I use to be a really good blogger. And several times these past weeks I have thought about needing to blog about this or that. But alas, with no Internet in our house until yesterday and a busy life in between nothing has been documented. Here are a few random things that have been going on with more pictures to follow. (This way I keep you hooked...)

--I hate to admit it but there is a Baskin Robbins shop just down the road from my office building. A perfect walk during lunch ends me right at their doorstep which isn't entirely bad in my opinion. One particular day last week I stopped in just after a rather large group of summer camp kids; all now sitting outside the door with their one scoops of ice cream. I proceed to go inside and order 2 scoops of heaven on a cone and leave to saunter around the square with my treasure. As I leave the building, one small group of little ones stare with amazement and exclaim to the adult standing near "She has TWO". to which the adult responded, "she's an adult so she can have two." Yes, I love that part of growing up. I now can have 2 scoops of ice cream if I want.

--Mark has had another tragic phone episode. This time it has mysteriously disappeared. Not sure where it went to but somewhere between the movie theater and home it has vanished. Now we are sharing my phone between the 2 of us until we decide what step we want to take next. Ug!

--Biggest news: WE HAVE CARPET! We moved into our new house 2 weeks ago and have been slowly getting stuff actually inside the house. I use to be really good at moving in a day or two but I still have a ton of boxes in my garage. Reminds me when my friend Lauren moved and she talked about boxes in her garage. For whatever reason, I just leave them there. It is easier then going through them and finding homes for everything. The master bathroom is still a wreck, we are mostly furniture-less, and the kitchen cupboards under the sink have a rancid smell that I can't get rid of. But its home and we love it.

--The hill behind our house appears to be a genuine wildlife preserve. We've seen coyotes, rabbits, a myriad of birds, and field mice galore. A perfect compliment to our dinner time.

--America's Next Top Model was holding auditions in our city. While going to the movie theater the other day, the swarm of young laides with packets and high heels were causing quite the stir. I jokingly said to Mark my assumption that Tyra Banks was there and although she herself was not their, casting agents for the CW were! Fantastic!

--Work is going well. I continue to work on the staffing for the BP Oil Spill response. They have put me on point in the Health and Safety department which I really like doing. The Pool Service company continues to do well. We've added several more customers and Mark just keeps on keeping on. He has become quite the fix it man which will come in handy when we go to redo our bathroom.

Life continues to move forward with good things. I will try to update with photos soon. I know I've been terrible-here's to doing better.

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

My heart delighted in seeing that you had posted something new! Thanks for the update! I look forward to pictures and more posts!

Love you!

Heidi Prince said...

:) can't wait to see it in a WEEK.

The Kammeyers said...

Woohoo! Loved the update. Sorry I didn't get back to you last night about ANTM. That's AWESOME they were holding auditions near Antioch. You should have been there, Mrs. Morrell, high heels & all! :)