Anyone that has to experience lengths of time without their significant other....I feel for you. I have been trying to figure out a way to explain how much I miss my wife...so here is my best shot. It is like (pardon the analogy) having to go to the bathroom on a long road trip. At first, you think that you can hold it in. So, for a couple of hours you stay strong and distract yourself with meaningless things all the while feeling the discomfort but crowding your mind enough that it doesn't take affect. Then, you see other people drinking water, you pass a river, a lake...the ocean, and it starts to build...and you start to think about it even more. Then it gets to the point, and you all know what I am saying, where it consumes your every thought and all you want to do is open the flood gates and let it all out, but you can't because then you will wet your pants. So, you bare with the pain and agony and you scream at the driver to pull over asap or you will tear their head off and then you can relieve yourself of the discomfort.
That is how it is....we have been pretty much apart for 2 months. For the first couple of weeks, I thought I could take this. I thought about her frequently but I was too busy learning the new job to really think about how much I missed her. Then we saw each other that weekend, and it was like she filled the void. That's how I knew that when she left again, it started to build. I couldn't get her out of my mind and I just hated that we had to be in this situation. I would stare at her picture every night before I went to bed and would yearn for her presence, but still, I fought through the discomfort. Now I am at the point where I can't take it anymore. Everything around me reminds me of her! I find myself talking to her during my pool routes, smelling the pillow she slept on for any trace of her scent, and keeping myself from calling her every other second, just to hear her voice. I am ready to visit whoever the genius was who decided that school should last until the end of May so I can threaten to tear their head off. Then I can be relieved of this discomfort because she would be here with me.
In other words my love, I miss you. I miss everything about you. I hate not having you with me. I hope that I can bear another two weeks. Come home soon.
Me
1 comment:
Sorry about the dump in pool, Mark. Way to go on the yearbook, Kaylinn! And to you both, so sorry you have to be a part. I know it sucks.
Post a Comment