May 3, 2010

An Unexpected Date

Mark and I are now down to only 3 weekends until my school year is over. When we were first thinking of this time, we hoped that we would see each other ever other weekend. It has turned out a little different which has been a huge bonus.
It was an off weekend for us and I was driving home from school on Friday afternoon talking to Mark. *not at the same time cuz that's illegal...don't worry about it* Mark wasn't able to come down due to the long drive and expense on gas so I was having quite the pitty party.

UNTIL

I arrived at the home where I am staying and guess who is sitting in the front door? My wonderful husband surprising me again. He is such a romantic; I am the luckiest woman in the world. We stayed that night in a Chino hotel that was less then par-but we're cool like that-and then spent Saturday at the Nixon Library & Museum.

Pres. Richard Nixon was born in Yorba Linda (the city where we use to live) and we have mentioned going here for a year but never actually made it over. So I was happy when we did.

The timing was just perfect being that my History students were learning about the Cold War; specifically the Vietnam War. Richard Nixon was the president who brought all our American boys home! So what did I do when I got back to class on Monday? Made it extra credit to go and see the exhibits they had there.

This is the actual farmhouse where Richard Nixon was born. Most of the things inside the home are original to the home (1912) which was of course a highlight for the history woman!

Another fun bit was Marine One that is there. This helicopter was used by President Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, and Ford. In fact it is the very helicopter that President Nixon said goodbye to the country in after his resignation. Neat stuff. And our tour guide was quite knowledgeable which was a total bonus.
I couldn't be more in love. I have found my perfect companion to travel with me through this life. He is always surprising me and making a special effort to show me how much I means to him. He is as romantic as a scene from a movie. He likes history stuff too and loves to take me to them on our vacations and adventures together. He is just perfect for me! Now if only we could live closer together!

3 comments:

Diana said...

3 more weeks! YAY! You are lucky, what a nice husband to surprise you like that! I bet you are dying for school to end so you can get back to Clayton! But 3 weeks, that's totally in sight!

David, Lesley, Carter and Spencer said...

Ahhh! So cute. I was almost throwing a pitty party with you. :)
You two are perfect for each other. Love ya guys.

Heidi Prince said...

:) what a great husband!