July 28, 2009

Yearbook Camp

Thus the season comes again when Yearbook Addicts gather at the Miramonte Resort in Palm Springs to engage in Yearbook jargon for 4 days. Seriously? Who books a resort at the end of JULY in PALM SPRINGS!!! And in my opinion, these speakers are far too excited about the whole yearbook thing. And the GA's (who are like mini teachers) know less about yearbook then I do. I could teach their breakoff sessions.

It was 116 when we first showed up yesterday afternoon and didn't cool off...ever. The problem worsens when the AC inside the building is so low that I have to bring my sweatshirt so that I don't freeze during the sessions!

Yearbook camp is mostly to just get the kids excited about making a great book next year as well as finish some of the ground work to getting started. (ie: the Ladder, the Cover, the Theme, Folios, Sidebars, etc...) They organize with projects accompanied with lectures. We go from 7am until 11pm. It is some serious business. Far more work then a vacation. And I hate that!

Alas, another 3 days to go. Its not terrible. The resort is super swanky which I like. My roommate is an odd character. With a fluffy crown and puffy-paint shirt that has "queen" all over it! She is interesting. Its too hot to "sit by the pool" but I have a killer spa treatment scheduled for tomorrow. Pretty sure its the reason I come! Done and done!

3 comments:

The Kammeyers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kammeyers said...

So, I deleted my first comment because I made a remark about a particular reality show that may have been too telling. The last thing I want to do is give anything away. :) Anyway, I think the YB sessions should only last from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., then you have the rest of the afternoon and evening to play & get "killer spa treatments." That's totally kosher, right? :)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You just saved me a phone call. I was gonna see what you were up to today. Looks like a schedule of alternating between freezing & melting!

Enjoy the spa!