July 16, 2009

"Short and Dark"

Just because it was funny.

I have these 3 boys in Summer School that tend to drive me a little more crazy then I like. They are those students who are funny, which is great to have, yet distracting and obnoxious at time. Ernesto sits behind Fatin (who I've previously mentioned. She is a little odd, and we all just try to be okay with it). As I pass out their assignment, Fatin hands it over her head to pass it to Ernesto. Ernesto tells her "hold on, just a second, I'll get it..." as he puts his papers in his binder. After several seconds, I still hear him telling her to "hold on", and as I look up again, he is sitting there just giggling at his little game. To which I said:

Me: "Ernesto, you're such a terd!"
Ernesto: "Did you really just call me a terd?"
Danny: (his no-good accomplice) "yes..short and dark...it fits!"
Me: "Danny!....highly inappropriate...yet incredibly funny!"

We all laughed. Then I blogged about it. Thats how we roll.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love that you call your students turds. Love it. Also, your students have some veerry strange names. Fatin? Really? Please.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley Wright said...

You have the best stories. I love to read them.

Jaclyn said...

Classic teaching moment- that's fantastic. Hope you're surviving!