We headed up just after work on Wednesday; caught in Traffic at 1:00 which is beyond me as to why there is always traffic but whatever. We made a stop over at the Richards' just to say hi and run out to dinner. A funny story...after we had eaten and taken the 10 minute drive back to the Richards' apartment, I realized I had left my purse in the restaurant. Crud!! So we headed back to pick it up as I prayed the restaurant didn't close. When we arrived, the woman recognized me and immediately began to apologize. Confused, I asked her what she was apologizing for. She says, "I'm so sorry! I called your home to let them know we had your purse and your mom knows you're here now!" What? What was she talking about? Apparently, mom was confused as to our arrival time in Vegas and thought we weren't going to come until Friday. She explained to the lady "she isn't suppose to be there till Friday" which made the lady think she had ruined my life by letting my secret plan out. We all laughed as I tried to let her know I don't live with my mom anymore. So funny!
We stayed in the Luxor, a delightful upscale room with a giant bath tub of which I took advantage of! Shout out to Ryan and Julie for hooking us up! Nothing like "I-know-the-owner". :) The Luxor has the Bodies Exhibition inside and truth be told, Mark and I were both hesitant to visit, yet really curious. So-we went. And it was surprisingly really interesting. A lot smaller then I had anticipated but really interesting.
How can I sum up our Lion King experience? Amazing! The music was sheer genius, the dancing was breathtaking, the actors had bods of steel! It was just phenomenal. My all time favorite part I'd have to say was the Stampede that kills Mufasa there in the beginning. So creative. It was just wonderful! I'd highly recommend it!
Overall, it was just a really great trip. We loved seeing Julie and Ryan even if only for a few hours. Hopefully we'll have more time in the future. Summer school starts Monday meaning summer is over and its back to work. Love that!
3 comments:
So glad you got a "get-a-way" trip. Enjoy every one of them while you can! love you and miss you terribly!
Cheers to continuing on the Bellagio tradition! :) We've been to other buffets on the Strip & they just don't compare. Also, cheers to the hotel hook-ups at the Luxor. Glad you guys had fun! You'll just have to blog about summer school now! :)
P.S. You've been tagged. Get excited to waste a few minutes with one of those surveys I know you love. :)
Let me see if I have this right... you came to Vegas and did not call me?!!! Just kidding. I know how it is. You look great. I got a huge kick out of your hannah montana hairstyle. You ought to wear it like that every day!
Post a Comment