June 7, 2009

Birthdays and Bikerides

As most of you were aware, last week was Mark's birthday. Anyone who knows me should know that I am a huge fan of birthday's usually celebrating mine for the entire Birth-Month. So it was no surprise that I was excited to celebrate the day with Mark. We started off by visiting Malissa at the infamous Hof's Hut. A little dive of a restaurant that probably has a B rating but we don't talk about that. While waiting for our table, we notice this Warning:

I like to choose my restaurants based on their long term effects. I'm just saying. Hence why I think the dear of Hof's isn't as grand as they make it out to seem. :) We then went to see the movie UP! Which was amazing. And a stop at the coldstone creamy to ruin our new resolve to eat better. Too bad. Lastly, we ate at the goodness of El Torito that we have been addicted to for the last little while. Mark had the Birthday free Entree coupon so it was totally worth it. Somehow, our meal turned out to still be the same expence in the end. So free entree doesn't equal less bill, it just means eat more food! HAHAHA! So-happiest of Birthday wishes to my perfect husband.
Summer is most certainly in the air here in Southern California. Especially being a High School Teacher, I feel it more prevelant then some. My Senior's checked out of school last Thursday, and finals are this week. This all equaled a perfect opportunity to soak up a little coastal goodness in Huntington with some most delightful company.

My Dear friend Heidi pretty much put it all together.
She even made sure to invite this woman who pretty much makes anything better. She is a little slice of heaven if you catch my drift. Haven't seen her in ages so it was so lovely that she woull join us. Truth be told, this was the exact location and activity of her and my first date. Pretty much where our relationship started. Before her mission. "Memories"...I'm just saying...don't try to hold my hand.

I mean seriously folks, who wouldn't want to do this. Bikes and surf and beautiful weather. Sign me up.


Across the street are the perfect townhomes that I'd love to live in. I can't believe people live like this. How much does that cost? WOW!

And the only thing that makes this better is a stop at Ruby's on the Pier with an order of Shrimp Tacos and the sinfully delicious White Chocolate Rasberry shake. I should have said no, but it was good!

So double cheers to a day at the beach. Hopefully many more to come!

On a different note: as I mentioned, school is practically over. Especially in my Yearbook class, all we do is...well...waste time. Last week Jenny brought The Real Game of Life. Talk about a kick in the head fun. It gives you "real life" senarios where you have crappy jobs, you get sick, you die, the stock market crashes, you have Health Points that you gain and loose, you have kids in 25 hours of labor, you get beat by your parents or are robbed by masked theives. So funny. I wish we had more friends in the area, and Mark didn't have such a hard schedule. We'd have friends over and play it one evening. And laugh our guts out. That would be fun.


2 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

love the beach ride...

surprisingly, i was sunburnt when i got home.

love your bones! call me when you get back from vegas so we can be friends again!

The Kammeyers said...

I'm loving that you guys ALL work black on the bike extravaganza. (Who doesn't love the color black?! I mean, let's be honest.) :) Also, please tell me you got your favorite cheese enchiladas at El Torito! I remember going there with you on my last visit. (It was over the weekend, but I can't quite remember which day it was... Hmmmm...) :) Hahaha! Love ya, girl!