June 21, 2009

Advanced Disney Adventures

On a very spontaneous moment, my family came down to visit Mark and I and make a trip to Disneyland. Some of my family hadn't been to the park in years, so you can imagine our excitement Saturday Morning. I suppose you don't have to imagine, Carter embodies it entirely...Okay, so maybe not quite. We were excited. And doing Disney with a man who works for the park is none other than an Advanced Disney Adventure. While riding one ride, Mark would run over and get our fast passes for another ride. We had done all the major rides before noon! And We were always up for some good information. Here Mark is pointing out the "Hidden Mickey".
Splash Mountain was one of my favorite moments. Mom's face is priceless. Trent's friend David took one for the team by being in the front. I'm pretty sure we were all wet for the rest of the afternoon.
A necessary stop was that of my favorite Chocolate Covered Apple. Delicious.



Oh my little nephew. What a cutie.
By lunch we were ready for naps. What happened to our days of youth when we could run at top speed until the park closed? Funny thing: Mom was the one who beat us all out! A quick shut eye for Dave hopefully geared us up for a California Adventure.

Toy Story Mania is my all time favorite ride. I challenged Dave to a friendly little competition. Granted I had a one up cuz I knew how to play the game but Dave has always been good at hand-eye coordination and I was certain I was throwing myself under a bus. Long story short--I was amazing! Plus and all time high score. almost 100,000 more than Dave. hooray! Trent understood the importance of documenting your good score. Thats what I like to see!

By 3 we were all dragging our feet again (except the energizer bunny Mom). When we were kids on the road, Mom would always fill us up on French Bread and grapes. Being that Disneyland isn't the greatest place for grapes, they do have the San Francisco bread made fresh in the Wharf Bakery. Delicious. A few loafs later, and we were off again.

The rest of our day included more rides and dinner and a mad rush between Electrical Parades and Fireworks and Fantasmic. The crowds were almost comical. By the end of the night, we were all begging for relief as mom drug us around the last few rides. Who knew that the quitters would be us kids! We stuck out a good fight and were all asleep before our heads hit the pillow.
No day is complete without a little hic-up. We got back to the van about 12:30 only to realize the dome light was on the entire day resulting in a very dead battery. My bad. While I was down with the Parking people and security officers seeking help, I discovered I was contending for attention with a dad who had lost his child at 1 that afternoon and was just now reporting it. Um...how do you go 12 hours without your kids and then decide to report it. What? Were you getting in your car at the end of the day, go to put your kid in their seat and only then realize they are missing??? Weird.

Kudos to my family for driving all the way down for a quick weekend trip that was probably more work then relaxing. Gosh they are fun to be with. We missed Tessa and her family for sure and wished they didn't live so far away.

And a Big Thank You to my man for getting us all in. He continues to make me happier every day! I am so blessed to have found such love.


3 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

oh my gosh, this is such a cute post. love your bones girl!

The Kammeyers said...

I love the cute last picture! And I love that your Mom was a rockstar, as usual, with a never-ending supply of energy. Glad you guys had fun! :) Cheers to your Disney Extravaganzas!

markmorrell said...

Too bad her love needs to minimize the ol' waistline...I will get on that. I LOVE YOU!