I am beeeee-hind in my blogging. I know this. I have no excuse other than when I have the time, I don't have the creative juices or the energy to post. But - I have a moment now and am willing myself to get this down. Mostly, because I miss my blog being updated. Tragic.
Several weeks ago, I enjoyed the joyous Lauren-Kaylinn weekend. We have been able to get together a few times each year since our college days and I just love it. She has a way to just rejuvenate my soul. We eat junk and watch rubbish and talk about life till dawn. She teaches me so much about being a good mom and wife, and is a great example of being in the "Happy Wife Club". So this weekend was one that I was more than looking forward to.
Lauren's youngest boy is only a few weeks old, so I was really excited to just hold that little bundle of baby and celebrate in his arrival to their family. As a bonus - Cameron was old enough to interact with the other 2 kids and actually build some relationships there. Speaking of Cameron, he was a champion on the airplane - there and back. There - we had the whole row to ourselves, and back - we just watched a lot of the iPad. Bless that device when traveling with toddlers.
Seaside was the best getaway I've had in a while. Lauren booked a room right on the ocean where we enjoyed some sand, surf, and an occasional sun. I must mention the vending machine run being a bit of a bust; don't you worry, we sought out the working machine 3 floors away. This is the kind of friendship we have! We spent some time in town and ate some delicious coastal fish; I couldn't have asked for anything better.
What I love most about my friendship with Lauren is our ability to just sit and talk and enjoy each others company without having to be entertained. We laugh at the same oddities in others, we bond over trashy television programs, and we eat like our waste lines can handle a few more pounds. As Anne of Green Gables puts it - she is my kindred spirit. And I can't wait to see her again.
Uh- Laundry's done. Gotta run. I have goals for 4 posts this week, so...we'll see.


No comments:
Post a Comment