November 20, 2013

Rowley's Red Barn

One thing about Utah that I have loved (among many things) is the fall. It has been so beautiful and crisp and fall-esque that my little heart just bursts with joy.  California lacks greatly in the celebration of fall, so I was thrilled to join the hoards of families that make their way to the little fall activities around town.  One particular Saturday afternoon, we decided to hit up Hee Haw Farms, a popular pumpkin patch/farm place near my home.  Two key words, Saturday and Popular. Abort Mission.  So we headed south to the Big Red Barn. 

Oh what an absolutely delightful time we had. There were hardly any crowds giving us free reign of the pumpkin patch pickin's, the apple orchard tractor ride, the hay rides around the farm, and the gunny sack slide. 

Cameron was just barely big enough to get that he got to choose a pumpkin to take home, although he didn't seem to get it for more than a moment. Mostly, he just loved running around and patting the pumpkins with his delightful chant "hi pumpkin". 
Afterward, we made our way to the barn to partake of some of their famous home made ice cream. Which was creamy and delightful I must admit. Although I had to share almost my entire scoop with my son, I thought the few tastes I had were amazing. We were tempted to buy some fresh Apple Cider, but did not given the price; so we went home and juiced some of our own apples and called it a day.
I must say, I feel a tradition coming on. The Big Red Barn may have won over Hee Haws for our family. Happy weather!

No comments: