It has taken me more days than I wanted to settle into our new place here in Utah. But things are starting to feel a little more routine-like and I think I'm going to start getting back into the swing of things soon.
The move went swell. I was actually really surprised how quickly things seemed to fall into place for us. Our last week we were able to meet up with a few of our dear friends we'll miss terribly. My old high school chum Sara and her family, and the Manions (not pictured). Both met us for lunch at a delightful sandwich shop that I will also miss now that I know that it is there. I have always enjoyed the company of these fine friends, and can only hope that I find friendships as wonderful as theirs in our new home.
Packing was a bit of a surreal experience for me. The more I packed, the more I realized how much I was going to miss my cute little home. I thought I was really on top of it all, up until the last day when it all suddenly seemed really overwhelming. Mostly because we were planning on loading the boxes up on Monday, but then ended up doing it on Saturday. So when I thought I had a few days, it all ended up on one weekend. Luckily my mom used up her relaxing Saturday to help me in the final haul; and I have a rock star husband who just powered through the mess - we had the house packed and all our worldly possessions on the back of a truck by the day's end. What a weird feeling it is to know that everything you own fits into these containers.
Saying goodbye to Antioch wasn't as hard as I had anticipated. Saying goodbye to my mom - that was a doozy. But we made it on the road for our fish-hook trip to Utah. We were informed that our belongings would not arrive for 10 days, so we didn't feel a rush to get there; thought we'd fit in a little fun while we were on the road! And fun we had!
We first stopped in Disneyland, a small post to follow, made our way up to Las Vegas to see the Richardses, a stop in St. George to visit with the Porters, and then finally home to Mark's parents house. We moved out of our house on Tuesday the 26th of February, and got the keys to our new place on Tuesday the 5th of March. One week!
Words really can't express how excited I am for this new adventure in our lives. I love that Mark will be doing a job that he really loves. That we will have the freedom to be our own boss' still, and have the kind of family life that we've dreamed of. I am so grateful that our home sold so quickly, that we found this comfortable place to call home for now, for friends who have welcomed us in with open arms, for the family that is so close. It's going to be a great life here. And I'm really excited about it all.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Me too! We will have to get together again soon! That was so fun to catch up!
Post a Comment