November 2, 2012

All Hallow's Eve

 Would you believe it that in all our years of togetherness - we have not carved one pumpkin? I know, tragic. So, now that we have a child, we didn't want to miss one year of new traditions. So we broke out the knives and carving equipment and had at it like the best of them. Pandora had great Halloween Music playing while Cameron played on the floor not having a clue what was going on. I brewed up some Apple Cider and we just enjoyed an evening of willing the Fall Season to officially get here.
 And, much to our surprise, they turned out really cute. Merci to Pinterest for the Mickey cutout. Our porch would not have been ours without it.
We tried to document the carved pumpkins with the baby moment, but Cameron was not having a wit of it. So we have several with him screaming while I try to console him enough to capture one fake shot. Epic Fail.

2 weeks later we learned that you're not suppose to carve them until the week of Halloween. Holy Mold on our porch. Sick.

On the actual evening of Halloween, we were tickled pink when our friends the Manions invited us over to relish in their evening traditions. (some we may adopt for ourselves). We sat in their driveway with Chili and bread and welcomed the trick-or-treaters without having to intruupt our conversations or get out of our chairs. Double Bonus. The evening had the perfect amount of chill - and we just loved it. To conclude our fabulous holiday celebrations, what better movie than one with a Sloth, Some really disgusting people-the Fratelli's, a Pirate with one eye named Willy, and a bunch of kids trying to save their town from developers who want to build a golf course over their neighborhood? Yes my friends - an evening of Goonies is the perfect choice. 'sigh'

Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

Sara Warren said...

Those pumpkins are quite impressive! I like the idea of setting up shop in the driveway and making the most of it. Now I just need a driveway. ;o)

Tabitha said...

You are much better than I. First of all your pumpkins are FANTASTIC and second your first family carving experience is when Cameron is 4 months instead of in kindergarten... All these cool pumpkins make me feel seriously bummed that I didn't design one myself...maybe next year...