November 26, 2012

"Garbage Father"


Mark has an awesome Father. I just love his smile, and his laugh, and his overall personality. He has such a quiet sense of humor that if you're not paying attention, you'll miss his clever jokes. Like today - I am still laughing at his sauerkraut joke. We're making German food for the youth's dinner activity. (he having served his mission in Austria is a dynamite German food chef). He had just made the most delightful batch of purple sauerkraut, from scratch might I add, that I was eating by the bucketfuls. We had purchased a bottle of white sauerkraut. So Clyde wanted to give it a taste to make sure it was at least edible. His response was "it's not bad. Just rinse it off and start over." See what I mean? If you're not paying attention, you'll miss it. Love this man.

One of Mark's memories of his dad is that his Father was always in charge of taking the trash out to the curb each week. When asked by the children what he was doing, Clyde would respond, "oh, just being Garbage Father". So cute. Mark has automatically taken this responsibility in our family as well; cleaning out the house trashes on Sunday night and taking it all to the curb for Monday Morning pick up. How I love my Garbage man, just doing his garbage father duties. And double bonus that he didn't roll his eyes when I asked him to pose for this post. Love that man of mine.