July 18, 2012

Pinterest said I could

Having a pinterest account is one thing. Doing that which you've pinned is an entirely different story. Such is my life with my obsession of pinning. But I must give myself a high five as I have done several things that I've pinned.  I've done a few of my "love my man" pins, and a few "food ideas" pins which I did not photograph. Some of you may have seen my birthday shout out to Mark provided by Pinterest. Thank you very much.  As additional proof that I am in fact more than just a pinner, here are a few things that I have photographed.

Exhibit 1: Pinterest said that Mayonnaise will take stains out of your wood. So-upon purchasing my larger table (on craigslist for only 100 bucks which was a steal of a deal) we tried it on the watermarks that we unintentionally placed on our wood just days after our purchase. I can't say that it was a total success - well - or really much at all, but at least we gave it a go right?

Exhibit 2: One of my prouder pins to reality. Pinterest said I could make a Gospel ABC quiet book for my kids. So - being the obsessed scrapbooker that I am, I did. Granted it won't be of any use for several...years but at least I can say I am prepared and spiritual. Not to mention I am super proud of how cute it turned out. 


Exhibit 3: Pinterest said I could make a rag wreath. Seemed easy enough. So-on the 4th of july me, mom, grandma, and jennifer got together and made some. On a cheaper budget too because we used old coat hangers and bent them into heart shapes. It turned out really cute. Except you have to turn your head sideways to get the full effect because I am too lazy to edit the photo so it is upright.



I love Pinterest. It makes me feel crafty and gives me creative ideas without all the work! Check, check, and double check!

1 comment:

Sara Warren said...

I've done a few Pinterest items myself. Some worked ok (toothpaste to take out scratches on DVD's) and some worked out great (glitter ornaments). Happy to see your pins are coming to fruition.