Remember that one time when our garage was broken into and stuff was stolen out of the cars? Yeah, that was bad. But this was way worse. Our house was broken into the other day.
Can you imagine it? Right in the middle of the day, some stranger used a crowbar to force the door open and come into our home. First they tried the back door, and when that attempt failed, they moved to the garage door to the outside. Then in through the laundry room and proceeded to make their way through the house picking up what their arms could carry. Stolen items include my jewelry box, camera, and our PS3 system.
Looking on the brighter side of things, of course it could be way worse. More things could have been taken, more could have been damaged, more could have been done. But for some reason, I am having a hard time focusing on the brighter side of things. And answer me this: Jesus teaches us to pray for our enemies. How am I suppose to pray for this individual to feel remorse enough to repent of their sin and be accepted into the presence of the Father one day? I just can't seem to find enough love for that yet.
Of course we have taken all the natural measures and increased the number of locks on our doors and upgraded our alarm system. But it is still a little scary knowing we are vulnerable for such evildoers. Sad story.
4 comments:
Oh no!! Your house gets broken into and the whole thing your fence - that seriously bites. Big time. We're really sorry for you guys - I wish there was something we could do to help. Stupid creepers who think they can just waltz in and take stuff. Geesh.. jerks. That's just low.
Boo - I am so sorry. On a more positive note, I love the picture at the top of your blog. It's perfectly wonderful.
Oh man, Kaylinn, I don't even know what to say. I think my biggest issue wouldn't be the items being gone but the feeling of being violated. Agh. Seriously, they need to catch this person (do you think its the same one?)
On a brighter side, LOVE the fruit trees! Also love that your longing for the juicer met your expectations. :o)
Miss you roommie!
Post a Comment