Mom's birthday was just a few days ago and Mark and I were able to be there to celebrate. It was beautiful weather so we went to the store and got a bunch of
fixin's for a delicious BBQ in Mom's perfectly manicured backyard. We had Pork, corn on the cob, peppers and onions grilled, some delicious sourdough french bread and a fresh fruit salad. I themed it all with lemons just because it was that kind of weather. Delightful
Mom is the best at gift opening. She gets so excited it makes you feel like you've chosen the perfect gift regardless of the expense. This year we replaced her 30 year old wooden spoons and peeler. Although it was bitter sweet to dispose of the set that Franklin Covey gave her for her wedding; we figured 30 years was a pretty good tribute to a wedding gift from a famous calender guy.

I am really wishing I could take really glamorous pictures like some of the blogs I see with their perfect shots every time. But this is as artistic as I can muster. I was loving our
tablescape!

So happiest of Birthday wishes to my
mamma dear. We are so excited to live closer and spend so many years and milestones together. What a blessing family is!
Speaking of moving: here is a picture of what our backyard view could be--if we ever close on the house!

Pretty great eh?
2 comments:
Oh, wow, I really hope you close on that house!! Just breathtaking. :)
Also, Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom! She is such a a sweetheart, and so much fun! That's awesome you guys were able to celebrate with her. :)
Happy Birthday to your momma! I love it when people appreciate gifts! And good job on the decor, it looks awesome!
I am jealous of you "could be" backyard, it's what I dream about.
Post a Comment