April 14, 2010

For Fun

- Yesterday at the gym I laughed my guts out. We were watching the news on the TV in front of the machines. They don't have captions so you sort of have to guess. The story was on some lady who won the national soccer league and now we think she helps sick and neglected horses. Sara says "sad with all those emancipated horses." I respond, even worse when they are emaciated. Followed by laughing and almost falling off the treadmill.

--Why is it when I watch "The Biggest Loser" I am drawn to eat junk food. I eat more junk food during that show then any other TV program. weird.

--I'm that friend! The one that makes plans with you then bails for being too busy, tired, sick, or dead. Its all true. I really am busy and do get tired super fast, and have really been eating too many strawberries. I apologize! Don't hate me.

--A kid fell asleep during 1st period notes this morning. How do I know? Because he woke up yelling "no no, I don't want to"...I kinda felt bad in joining the class in laughter, but it was really funny. Never had a sleep talker in class before.

--I am realizing that nobody really needs multiple pairs of shoes. Boys sort of have the right idea. Living away from my closet, I now only have 3 pair. Running shoes, slip-ons, and flip-flops. Four if you count the black Sunday shoes. This could be a new revolution for my closet.

--I've had a few good days of 4th period. Very unusual. I think I've found the culprits who ruin it for the entire class. Although there are still a handful of hard kids, there are 2 that I am thinking may stir up the whole class. They've been ditching these past few days and class has been managable. That and I have been super mean. My angry voice has worked pretty well too. 30 more days.

--We paid off my little Edna. The car I purchased when I graduated college. She's now fully paid for. That's sort of a fun accomplishment. Cheers to us.

--We're having a home inspection today. The house buying process continues with no real answers just yet. It is a very long waiting game and a frustrating cycle of documents, signatures, proofs, agendas, property laws, taxes, and more legal jargon. Tough stuff. Hopefully the outcome is positive and worth it.

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You totally punked me out & I love you for it. It was hilarious! :o)

David, Lesley, Carter and Spencer said...

Hurray for paying off your car. I kinda know how you feel about your shoes, half my shoes have been in a box for 2 years now. But I have accumulated a couple extra. Super funny that you had a sleep talker in class.

Mindy said...

I taught seminary and had a sleeper. He slept almost every day. He never woke up talking and confused, but he did wake up with a huge red mark on his forehead every day. AND, one day someone said to him when he woke, "That's right, you're going to sleep yourself straight to HELL!" Which, I thought was pretty good. :)