October 15, 2009

Thank You

I'd like to thank the man who was swearing like a sailor at the park today.

While waiting for parent/teacher conferences to start, I usually head over to the local city park and lay out my blanket for some reading and nap time. It is usually quite relaxing. Today, there was a man who was extremely opinionated about the affairs of the country and our president. Kudos to him and having an opinion. I just don't think everyone wanted to hear him. And I'm pretty sure he was talking to himself. The problem wasn't that he had a loud opinion, it was that his language was RIDICULOUS! Seriously, Every. Other. Word! He just sounded stupid. We're talking the BIG four swear words.

As I was trying to enjoy my afternoon nap under the shade of a tree, I finally got tired of listening to his jargon, so sat up to leave. Literally TWO SECONDS after I sat up, a bird pooped on the very pillow which I rested my head. I kid you not! I was SAVED by the swearing.

So thank you Swearing Sailor man and your loud opinion that disrupted my nap under the tree in the beautiful autumn weather. I can now meet all my parents without bird poop!

3 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Oh my goodness, HILARIOUS! I just read your little story out loud to Aaron & we were both busting up laughing. I won't use the mild swear word I'm thinking of right now - even though it would fit perfectly in this situation. :) Anyway, cheers to the crazy swearing man! Without him, there would have been bird poop.

The Ross Family said...

That is one H*** of a great story. I laughed my A** off. Good thing for the d*** sailor man:-) HA HA. JKJK. just wanted to leave a clever comment. Hope it got you to laugh d*** it:-)

Heidi Prince said...

i read this to my parents and them and i were just cracking up! thank you swearing sailor man!