October 7, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

I use to have time. Time to eat lunch at my desk without feeling guilty that I wasn't catching up on grading or work. Time to sit and watch my TV shows. Time to call my dearest friends and see what is up in their lives. Time to read a book, or sit by the pool, or take a run, or clean my house, or do my laundry.

Once upon a time, I use to sleep plenty at night. And would got to bed after 9; not falling asleep on the couch at 7:30. I use to make it through an entire day at work without feeling the need to sit while lecturing, or sleep between bells.

Once upon a time, life was simpler. I went to work, came home, relaxed, and had a life. I didn't tutor until 4 everyday. I didn't commit 60-80 minutes running. I didn't have mutual nights, or house guests, or basketball games.

So I'm sorry to those that feel I have neglected them. I haven't really. Someday I'll call you, or hang out with you, or see you. Someday. Just not today.

3 comments:

Lesley Wright said...

Well how about tomorrow...? Can we see you or hang out with you tomorrow?

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I can accept it not being today, but I'm with Lesley on this one, I need tomorrow, esp. since its our Friday date & I have a lot to share (oh & I miss you).

Side note - I think I may have saved you 1 hr and 36 min. New in Town was not that great, although Harry Connick Jr. sort of melted my heart a bit.

The Kammeyers said...

Well, I feel special that you found time to converse with your's truly last night - Even though you were very near slumberland in a Long Beach hotel on the eve of your big race! :) Can't wait to read the half-marathon post, girl! You rock! (I realize the phrase "you rock" is a tad old-school, but hey, it seemed appropriate in light of finishing a race). :)