For mom's birthday this year, she and I took a weekend trip up to Reno mostly attend the Reno Jazz Festival. On the way up, we stopped at both the Sacramento Temple and the Reno temple. Beautiful! The weather was absolutely lovely and our visits at both temples was perfect.
Sacramento was particularly lovely being that it reminded me so much of the Redlands, CA temple which I attended frequently in my Southern California days. And the stonework and architectural design was really beautiful.
We made it to our hotel in Reno late that night and were able to relax before our long day in the Jazz world. The festival is held at the University of Nevada, Reno which as a side note was an absolutely beautiful campus. Mom and I compared it to that of Brigham Young University in Provo and found that it was of comparable size and beauty. Granted, I am biased to the cougars, but this was a really nice place. The festival highlighted groups from collages and high schools all over the western states. I must admit my favorite was a vocal group from Mt. Hood Community Collage in Oregon. They sang a gospel number that I just didn't want to end. Incredible.
You may wonder why there are no pictures of me or mom in them, and I don't really have a reason, but you know how trips like this can go, you enjoy the entire day and then realize that your camera was in your purse the whole time and you didn't take it out once! My bad.
A delightful getaway. And very fun to spend it with my mom.
1 comment:
Happy to see that all is well. I can't believe you are already 31 weeks along. You're almost to the finish line, which ironically, is the starting line of a whole new way of life. You look great in that picture of you with your HS friends.
I, too, marveled at the electronic soda machine when I first saw it. We stumbled upon one in a Qdoba (similar to Chipotle, if you've never heard of it) in Ontario. Quite fun!
Post a Comment