A blog I follow updates ALL THE TIME. At least twice a week. And I love that. I use to be a frequent blog updater, but now I can't blog at work, which is a huge inhibitor in my getting stuff down. So - just to catch up.
--Our fence is finally in the building stages. Our neighbors set up the contractor; which was nice of them, and now we are seeing some progress. Of course the mammoth size snake that was living under the old fence was an unexpected surprise. I'd be okay if we don't see another one of those again.
--I am going through a sugar cookie phase. Weird right? I am CRAVING sugar cookies all the time. Now, a few months back when I was in this craze, I actually made the cookies and consumed them all too quickly. I suppose I am healing as I don't actually make them anymore. But man they are delicious.
--We are big reality TV fans. We've been following the usual popular shows, missing others I'll admit. Although we haven't been into American Idol or Survivor, we've got ANTM, Amazing Race, Top Chef, Deadliest Catch, Biggest Looser, and a myriad of Food Network challenges. We also are fairly large fans of Modern Family and Parks and Recreation. Most our evenings are fairly chill and include some kind of TV relaxing. It's a charmed life.
--I don't know how to feel about those blogs who clarify those pictures they take with their "point and shoot" or "iPhone". Because I am pretty sure all my pictures look like those which makes me feel like my photo skills are inadequate and are not going to document my kids life as beautifully as it should. I'm just saying - I don't care if you took your pictures with a Kodak disposable, had them printed, and scanned them with your hand-me-down scanner to get them on your blog, they are nice so be okay with it.
--I am loving my job again. This really is my perfect job. I love Love LOVE it. Too bad the school system in America is less then favorable and the value of the teachers work is, again, less then favorable. But I get to hang out with a lot of great students. Many of whom will go on to forget me; but I don't know how to explain it. It is just magic for me.
--I sold my college car. My RAV4 that I just loved. The cute little perfect fit for me. I felt like I was cheating on my family getting rid of her like that. And the knife in the heart was when the buyer changed my radio station to his Latin station and had it booming while we finished the transaction. (sad face). But it really was for the better. 3 cars with only 2 drivers really was a bit excessive.
--I've started Scrapbooking Mark's life. Yes! A big project I know. But I am in need of some inspiration for another book I am working on so I started. And now I can't stop. I just love the idea of our futures being able to see pictures of us when we were young. I am addicted to scrapbooking my life. I even sometimes have the pages done before the pictures are captured. So fun.
I guess that is it. Not really exciting eh? Now you know why I don't blog much.
3 comments:
Several things:
1. Love the new background!
2. Glad you're liking your job, but sorry that blogging isn't allowed.
3. If you are ever bored enough to want to scrapbook anyone else's life, I am well acquainted with a British-Canadian-US Resident Alien with a habit of taking an obscene amount of photos.
4. I like hearing about your life even when you think there isn't much to blog about.
5. I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
what kind of car do you have now?
I must brag about the fact that I may be one of the few who knew the RAV4's true name, Edna. May she rest in peace! (OK, may she serve her new owner well, that is). :) Totally understand about the new car change! Always bittersweet.
Also, I'm so glad you're enjoying work again! I loved your last sentence there: "It is just magic for me." Very true! I've seen you in action, and you're an awesome teacher! :)
Love ya, girl! I'll second the first comment on here. I MISS YOU!!
Post a Comment