October 2, 2010

Monterey PIE show

This is what I spent my weekend looking at
As a part of the company training program, Wright's Pools Service attends the annual Pool Industries Expo held in Monterey, California. Although not entirely relaxing, it was great to enjoy a bit of the seaside. Mark attended most of the classes from Basic Chemistry to Automated Pool equipment. Whew - more then I could possibly know. While he was in classes, I spent the days walking around downtown Monterey. I spent a little over an hour in the city's cemetery. Weird that I like these places, but I really do. Some had death dates as far back as 1870. Others still had fresh floral arrangements near their stones. This little row reminded me of the cemetery we passed through in Paris. Weird to see so many graves above ground.

And I think this one was by far my favorite. Nothing like a good ol' RIP and cross bones to say what is needed. Way to go Filyau.
After meandering the cemetery, I headed down a little further to an Antique Mall. 2 stories of old stuff; my kind of past time. Secretly looking for items similar to those we got from Grandpa's farm in Utah so I could see a price tag, I enjoyed looking at a few great items and a lot of junk.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. Most of the day was cloudy and overcast, but usually by about 1pm; the clouds burned off and the temperature warmed up making for a beautiful day. And when I wasn't walking around the city, the view wasn't too bad all on its own. So cheers to a delightful city, delightful weather, and a delightful hotel room.

3 comments:

The Ross Family said...

so glad you enjoyed yourself. Way to take time for yourself and things that you like to do!!!

The Kammeyers said...

Awesome! I too love antique stores - especially the vintage jewelry you can find there. Delightful. :) Glad you had a good time! We need to chat soon. Hugs to you!

markmorrell said...

Everyone...just be ok with the fact that my wife is incredibly good looking. Thank you.