Ahh..summertime. I can't say summer is my favorite season, but it is my favorite time of year. As a teacher, I have carried on the traditions of my youth having oodles of free time during the summer months. Although this year is a little different as I am sort of between professions right now, we are still looking forward to a great summer season. Highlights this year will include:
--Family Reunions: both the Morrell's and the Wright's will be getting together for several nights of fun! I can't lie, the Candy Cannon has been the talk of the town for some time now. Bring it on!
--Moving In: We will be officially moving into our new house this summer! We've been working on it for what feels like forever, but now we are officially moving in. (sans Master Bathroom but lets hope that is finished soon)
--Camping Time: I certainty want to make a trip to the Calavaras Redwoods and show Mark the splendor there.
--Gold Country: Nothing like a good history trip to see Sutter's Mill and do some panning ourselves.
--San Francisco: The coldest winter I've ever spent was the Summer in San Francisco. (Mark Twain) There will be a few trips here. Hopefully we can bribe some friends to visit us for this highlight of a city. Pretty sure we eat an entire loaf of SF Sourdough Bread daily.
--California Academy of Sciences: Great exhibits of extreme and unique animal life.
--Sun Bathing: Okay, so Mark is already ahead of me in the tanning department. But I am hopeful I will get some exposure so I don't have to rely on the tan-in-a-can method. Don't judge. Some of us pale girls just have to go to extreme measures.
Now that Mark and I have nights and weekends together it's almost like we get to date for the first time. It is delightful to have so much time together. Having a companion to spend moments in life with really is such a blessing. So bring on the summer and all our summer plans.
2 comments:
I am so glad that you two get to have a normal schedule together. I am so excited for you that you get to move in soon. Can't wait to see your new abode.
I second Lesley's remarks. ;o)
Post a Comment